Although you likely clean the glass with some regularity, you might accidentally neglect the window tracks and windowsills. But, these spaces have to also be cleaned. The last thing you’ll want is for your houseguests to stroll over and look out of your clear windows just to peer down and see window tracks that are filled up with dusty or silt windowsills.
Use the below information to keep your window frames, windowsills, and window tracks worthy of the gleaming glass they support.
As with baseboards, windowsills will attract their fair amount of dust. Also, if you are lucky enough to reside in a region which permits you too often open up your windows, your sills might be covered with fingerprints or gummy smudges.
Thankfully, cleaning windowsills is not difficult, and it isn’t a time-consuming chore either. So, it ought to be pretty simple to work this task into your routine cleaning schedule.
Ways to Clean Sills
- Firstly, wipe down your windowsills using a dry microfiber cloth that removes all dust. If there is still some residue left, it’s possible to move on to the next steps.
- Inside a bottle, blend a couple of dashes of dishwashing liquid with hot water.
- Spritz a dry microfiber cloth with the solution until it is damp. It is particularly crucial to apply the cleaner to the cloth — not the sills themselves — if there are wood window frames. Oversaturating wood may damage the paint or finish. Even worse, too much liquid might cause the wood to warp.
- Softly wipe the frame and the windowsill. For heavier streaks, you can apply a bit of pressure using your fingertips.
- Wipe down the sills using a microfiber cloth.
- Now that your sills are clean, you can sustain by dusting on a weekly basis or every 2 weeks as a part of your regular house cleaning.
Ways to Clean Tracks
Even if you happen to never open the windows, dust, dirt, and expired insects are going to find their way inside your tracks. Due to this, you ought to make cleaning the window tracks a portion of your house cleaning agenda within your spring or fall cleaning.
If the dust or dirt in the window tracks gets loose, it’s possible to use a vacuum attachment or crevice tool to get it clean. However, for packed-on grit, you will have to put a bit more elbow grease within the process.
Follow these tips to clean tracks as the grime is caked on.
- Get the area ready by utilizing a vacuum that has a crevice attachment to clear out all expired insects, dust particles, or loose soil.
- With a disposable wipe, remove soil build-up from the middle of the window track.
- Wrap your flushable wipe around a putty knife then angle the knife so you can clean the corners and crevices.
- Wipe down the window track using a microfiber cloth.
- Repeat as needed until all the grime is removed.
For more information on how to clean windowsills and window tracks contact the best house cleaning services of Maid Wizard today!