A kitchen drawer is a simple way to conceal a mess; however, it does not need to be that way. A bit of organizing and cleaning will assist you in finding what’s needed when it’s needed. Some simplistic organizing tricks may keep all manner of objects in place, which includes pots and cooking utensils. Soon, even that junk drawer is going to look neat and clean.
Divide drawers into zones
Such zones are going to be based upon what you do within that area of the kitchen. If you have a compact kitchen, you may only have two zones. Large kitchens may have three or four zones. Those zones might involve:
- Cooking zone: this one contains the drawers around your oven, stove, and microwave. It’s where pans, pots, and cooking utensils ought to be stored.
- Food prep zone: those are the drawers directly under the biggest area of counter space. Those drawers ought to contain baking utensils, mixing bowls, chopping tools, and cutting boards.
- Dish zone: those drawers are near the dishwasher or sink. It’ll help you put away cutlery and dishes after they are clean. You also might keep dishtowels there.
Assign a theme to every drawer
As you’ve narrowed down the zone of every drawer, determine which kind of item is going to go in each particular drawer. Keep likewise items together in one drawer. A few common methods of organizing drawers include:
- Linens like tablecloths, placemats, and towels
- Aluminum foil, wax paper, parchment paper, and plastic wrap.
- Cooking utensils
Save at least one drawer for miscellaneous objects which do not fit any place else.
Remove all things from the drawers to start organizing
If you do not take everything out, it might be more difficult to track where you place things. Split the items up according to their assigned drawer or theme. As all the items are grouped, it’s possible to move them inside their new drawer.
Eliminate unnecessary objects
Over a period of time, you may collect an increasing amount of stuff. If you do not use something, think about tossing it or giving it away. After creating your list, go through and select which objects you can eliminate.
For instance, you might not need three ice cream scoops. Keep one and eliminate the rest. There might be things you do not use anymore. If you do not eat pizza, a pizza cutter only will take up space. Toss out all things that are broken or has missing parts.
Wipe your drawers down with cleaning spray and a clean rag
If it has been a while since you have cleaned your drawers, now’s the perfect time to do it. Spray on an antibacterial spray then scrub any dirt away.
It’s an excellent time to also apply fresh drawer liners. Just measure out the paper to size then pull the backing off. Stick down the paper against the drawer.
For more information on how to organize kitchen drawers contact the professional house cleaning services of Maid Wizard today!